Shop Like a Superstar: 3 Quick Tips

Today we’re sharing how to shop by making jewelry the hero!

stylesessionsLogo

As much as women love a little retail therapy – and it’s totally okay to admit it – shopping is no walk in the park! All of the pretty new prints for spring and fun florals can cause a bit of a predicament: What will you shop (and what will you not) to match those lovely jewels you have at home?

Many times when shopping, jewelry is an afterthought. But at Silpada, we say the jewelry is the hero! So why not shop that way?

We turned to our oh-so-Silpada-ish Fashion Merchandiser, Jessica Gannon, for advice.

Here’s her top 3 things to consider when shopping for new wardrobe that will flatter your jewelry. So say goodbye to your doubts and HELLO to your darling new duds!

1) JEWELRY LENGTH:
When pairing clothes with necklaces, pay close attention to where the necklace falls: Does it hit your collar bone?  Try to find a shirt that can frame it. If your necklace is long, be cautious of buttons & belts – they could get in the way of your gorgeous jewels.

2) COLOR:
Shop for clothing hues that will compliment – not compete – with your jewelry.  We love the way a turquoise statement piece pops against an orange blouse! Use contrasting colors.  If your necklaces are silver, try a blue or green to make the silver pop – you could also wear the color of the year, Radiant Orchid, to achieve distinction.

3) CONTRAST:
Use opposing elements.  If your necklace has loops or intricate cut out designs, like our Lasting Impression Necklace, wear a solid hued-top to keep the attention on your necklace.  The opposite goes for if you have a solid necklace, like our Daydream Necklace, wear a fun print and the material and texture of your necklace will pop off the fun design on your top!

Check out the video below to see how Jessica uses her tips when selecting wardrobe for our catalog shoots!

Sparkles_resizedWe want to know: What are your favorite shopping tricks? Tell us in the comments section below!

Share Button

Comments

1. 1

Karen Migala says

This is really helpful and looking forward to seeing more outfits and advice on how to wear our jewelry. Thanks!

2. 3

Joyce Mayer says

I find I am more comfortable wearing prints. I’m overweight and I think prints hide it a bit. Should I wear more solid colors to showcase the jewelry?

• 4

Silpada Designs says

Hi Joyce!
      Wearing solid colors tend to make our jewelry POP. However, you can rock prints with our jewelry! Go for a bold necklace that will stand out on prints – one that is solid so it holds its own against a print. We hope that helps!

3. 6

MartyJ says

Always looking for fashion tips and this is great. What better way to get it from a professional. Thanks.

4. 7

Carolyn Spann says

Hello I would like some ideas for what to wear with the new and old lapis necklace. I really want that necklace to pop out when I wear it. I M struggling with color coding and color blocking and I think that this blog will help me. So can someone please give me some ideas? Thanks and looking forward to the fashion designs and more ways to wear my Silpada jewelry

• 8

Silpada Designs says

Hi Carolyn! Pairing our lapis with a white blouse (and fun blue printed pants!) is always a winner. But if you want to go bolder, pair it with coral or bright pink! Grey and black also work, but we’d save those for colder temps.